February 21, 2008

TED|Talks

In lieu of being eyes-deep in academia, I have to forage for other forms of intellectual stimulation.*

...Well, that's why Al Gore** made the Internet, right?

So, in case anyone else has been starving lately, I thought I would mention that I've been a fan of the TED conference talks for quite some time now. The moniker itself stands for Technology, Entertainment & Design. Through their website, http://www.ted.com, they host these innovative 20 minute talks in embeddable, linkable, remarkable video format.

Here are only my recent views, because it would be impossible to list all that I've enjoyed:
*Yes, yes. I've been reading voraciously, but even Michael Pollan, Malcom Gladwell & Richard Dawkins have joined the dark side.

** Actually, Al Gore made the Internet so he could give a TED Talk, even though it later causes him to become the butt of some well-intentioned jokes from Tony Robbins.

No comments: